Below are the 8 golden rules to ensure a safe and compliant golf cart experience:
1. Read the Golf Cart Operating Instructions.
2. Use Safety Equipment at All Times: Seat belts, turn signals, and handles are provided for your safety; please use them!
3. Do NOT Drink and Drive: Golf carts are no exception to motor vehicle laws prohibiting being under the influence while operating.
4. Avoid Prohibited Roadways: Please cite the city map when determining where you can and cannot go on the golf cart. This includes crossing US Highway 19 and some parts of Grand Blvd.
5. Follow the Rules of the Road: The golf cart follows the same rights of way and operating standards as automobiles, so please pay attention to the signage on both roadways and parking areas.
6. Lock It Up: A lock is provided to minimize the risk of theft. Simply lock the steering wheel to the left front roof support; the same as you would put a club on a normal automobile’s steering wheel. This precaution could save you a lot of headaches because, in the event of theft, you could be held liable for any unreturned property.
7. No Stunts: Although the golf carts are fitted with lift kits and off-road tires, treat them with respect! Leave the stunts to Evel Knievel, and remember, you could be held liable for any damages.
8. Have Fun: Most importantly, have fun! The rules are simply there to ensure the process goes as smoothly as possible. Now, get out there and enjoy!